Note: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Screening Tool available at top of page.
What are the signs and symptoms of COVID-19?
According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), people with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness.
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms or combinations of symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Or at least two of these symptoms:
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
This list is not all inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
How will a TimelyMD provider assess, treat or refer me if I have signs of COVID-19?
TimelyMD providers will virtually assess symptoms and administer frontline care in a contained environment to limit the spread of illness. They will also give advice and recommendations on need for testing vs self quarantine and where to go if testing or further care is needed. Telehealth visits can keep a “worried well” from flooding the campus clinic.
What precautions can I take to avoid COVID-19?
There is not currently a vaccine to prevent COVID-19. According to the CDC, the best way to prevent illness is:
- Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds.
- Use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people, especially people who are at higher risk of getting sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
What’s the difference between COVID-19, the flu and allergies?
Symptoms differ for each illness.
Coronavirus: Fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell
Flu: Fever, cough, muscle aches, fatigue & weakness, chills & sweats, congestion, sore throat
Allergies: Sneezing, itchy nose, eyes or roof of the mouth, runny, stuffy nose; watery, red or swollen eyes.